Dr. Mastrian is available for presentations at colleges, conservatories, and universities, in schools, for choirs, theaters, and more.
- Acting Teaching for Voice Teachers
- Artfully Approaching Atonal Music
- Breathing with Ease, Part I: Tangible Anatomical Landmarks™
- Breathing with Ease, Part II: Imagery and Interconnections™
- Composing for the Voice
- Electroacoustic Music for Singers
(overview or focused on Luigi Nono's La fabbrica illuminata)
- Embodied Teaching and Presenting™
- Franklin Method for Voice: The Art of Change -
Enhancing Our Personal and Professional Toolbox™*
(*slated for inclusion on the 7th International Physiology & Acoustics of Singing+
Conference - Brazil)
- Is This a Score? What do to with Improv...
- Italian Diction and Repertoire
- Mindful Vocal Engineering (c) 2017-2022
- Proprioception for Reconnection™
- Reconnection and Resilience: Proprioception for Improved Pedagogy and Presence
- Reconnection: Brain, Body, and Breath™
a.k.a. Reconnection: The Power of Linking the Body, Mind, and Voice for Self-Care in Turbulent Times™
- Restorative Breathing through Practical Biomechanics™
- Revamp your Warmup Routine
- Vocal Health for Speaking and Singing
- The Art of Change: Dynamic Imagery for Flexibility, Strength & Coordination
- Pelvic Power for Core Integration
- Pelvic Floor Fascia
- Lower Back Fascia
- Relax Your Neck & Liberate your Shoulders
- Imagery Exercises for a Strong, Flexible & Healthy Spine
- Strong and Healthy Knees that Last a Lifetime
LECTURES & LECTURE-RECITALS
FEEDBACK from Workshop Participants
"She has very good people skills and has one of the most amazing voices I've ever heard."
"...made it so simple."
- Students at Fallston High School
"Dr. Mastrian was really detail-focused. You could tell that she expected everyone to behave professionally from start to finish. I hope she comes back to do this again!"
- Student at University of Akron
"I liked hearing from someone outside the barbershop world about the concepts I hear from those inside it. I feel like barbershop is somehow removed from other types of singing sometimes so it was nice to have the same concepts said in a slightly different manner."
"Her demonstrations of where to 'place' the sound were very helpful. Breathing, monitoring at the waist, felt worthwhile and somewhat new. She was very clear in her guidance, encouraging and warm."
"I thought she did a wonderful job of explaining things in different ways so as to appeal to different learning styles."
"She both taught and then asked for feedback ... good dialogue with the chorus."
- Singers in the Sound Harmony Chorus
"I thought that activity with the straws helped me in opening up."
"The advice on posture made me feel more confident in my ability to sing out."
"Posture and helping choir being more aware of their bodies helped with tone quality and volume."
"The sideways use of straws was cool."
- Students at Bishop Blanchet High School
"Cloud Nine had a blast going DEEP into vocal production work and forging new emotional connections between the breath and the lyric with the brilliant Stacey Mastrian."
"We had a fantastic coaching session this week with Dr. Stacey Mastrian. She covered a lot of ground with us quickly and in an enjoyable way!"
- Singers in the Cloud Nine Chorus
FEEDBACK from Teaching and Ensemble Director Colleagues
"...when it's right, it's right!"
- Voice Faculty Member, Bowling Green State University, OH
"...a delight and an educational victory to have Dr. Mastrian perform for and work with my students....performed with such passion and skill that my students were totally engaged....I was impressed with the imagery Dr. Mastrian used to help students approach vocal skill that is so personal and hard to define. Each student who performed solo for Dr. Mastrian and the audience was affirmed and given feedback that will be of lasting value....My students gave very positive feedback on this workshop....I would highly recommend this format and Dr. Mastrian to all vocal/choral instructors."
- Choral Director, Fallston High School, MD
"I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Stacey Mastrian to both individuals and choirs. Very inspirational and really tailors her work to your needs. Thank you!!!"
- Music Director, St. Stephen's International School, Rome
"Thank you for your insight, craftsmanship, and artistry as your worked with our students last evening....The students responded so well to your ideas....They enjoyed working with you and felt that it was a valuable experience....I'm so pleased that you were able to fit a visit in with us, and I do hope to remain in contact...!"
- Voice Faculty Member, University of Minnesota Morris
"...a dedicated and effective performer and teacher who is able to interest audiences in classical music, including modern repertoire, and present and discuss it in a way that generates interest and enthusiasm....She made a lasting impression on students by both her words and her singing....Her enthusiasm is contagious!"
- Music Director, Washington Waldorf School, MD
"...Her observations of each performer were quick and on target. She imparted her knowledge clearly while remaining respectful of the students that she worked with. The students made immediate improvements based on her good instruction and beautifully sung and spoken demonstrations of the best way to approach each issue at hand....a very professional and knowledgeable voice teacher and diction coach."
- Voice Faculty Member, Hayes School of Music, Appalachian State University, NC
"...dynamic and engaging presentation. Students were given opportunities to interact with the material in meaningful ways and using multiple forms of expression. Her interactive performance and movement-based mini-lesson gave students the tools to try their own hand at making extraordinary music!"
- Second/Third Grade Core Teacher, The Perkins School, WA
"...wonderful enthusiasm and effective teaching style. I found her work with my students in her masterclass to be encouraging, fun, and productive. Her recital exposed our students to repertoire they would not have been exposed to otherwise...left quite the impression!"
- Voice Faculty Member, Carroll Community College, MD
"...a highly accomplished soprano with significant expertise...skill and sensitivity. Notably she has placed a significant amount of energy into community engagement initiatives such as Art Enables benefit concerts and myriad free recitals at higher education institutions. [She also] wants to focus on presenting music to a broad audience."
- Assistant Professor, Art and Design – Music, Chatham University, PA
"...a rare and valuable musician! She is extremely knowledgeable regarding a wide variety of musical practice and history and is engaging and able to engender enthusiasm among students and audience members when she shares this knowledge....it isn't just about the performance - which is at very high levels - but also her ability to present the total package, to show just how vital and important this repertoire is...."
- Associate Professor of Music and New Media, St. Cloud State University, MN
"...clear and compelling....I know the students were enriched in many ways by your presentation."
- Professor of Music, Whitworth University, WA
"...add Dr. Stacey Mastrian to your list of outstanding vocal production specialists....my ideal coaches are people who are gentle, respectful, flexible, and profoundly knowledgeable about singer physiology and psychology. Stacey is all of those things and more. At tonight's Sound Harmony rehearsal she worked with me, with the chorus, and with individual singers, seizing every opportunity to get freer production, better resonance, and more emotional connection with the music. After a couple of hours with Stacey, I felt immensely validated and inspired."
- Director, Sound Harmony Chorus, WA
"Thank you so much for coming in today. You pushed my students to a new level of awareness of their physicality and their vocal production. I loved the sound you got from them! It was an honor to have someone of your caliber and experience in my classroom, and I feel encouraged by your comments. I’d love to stay in touch - it would be such an honor to bring you back to Blanchet....Thank you again for sharing your time and expertise today (especially so early in the morning). I’m excited for future possibilities!"
- Choral Director, Bishop Blanchet High School, WA
"...add this woman to your stable of essential coaches. She is gentle and fun, keeps you focused on the endgame of meaningful communication, and has a solution for every vocal challenge, not to mention a glass phonation straw worthy of a princess."
- Director, Cloud Nine Chorus, WA
"It was our pleasure to host you. You provided an excellent opportunity for our students to get better know this rarely performed, but beautiful part of the literature. [We] really enjoyed your talk, your concert, and will keep you in mind for future visits."
"What a fantastic concert...beautiful music making in every way. We will definitely stay in touch!"
- Professors of Music, University of Oklahoma, OK